As a Solutions Engineer, I directly interact with OEM and defense customers. This role provides a view into the many markets and applications where our optics are inside. It is exciting to hear from customers on the cutting edge of technology and to be a part of their work. I transitioned to this position from a product support engineer so I could learn more about custom sales and work more closely with our customers. I have learned a great deal about manufacturing during my time at Edmund Optics and I enjoy sharing that insight with customers to improve the manufacturability of their designs.
Randall Hinton is the Senior Solution Engineer for the Eastern US and Canada, and works out of EO’s headquarters in Barrington, NJ. Randall joined EO in 2008 and has wide-ranging technical sales experience, including two years as an Application Engineer. During the past several years, he assumed management roles in application support and sales operations developing training regimens and improving sales metrics. As Senior Solution Engineer, Randall acts as the primary technical contact for customers, providing a portfolio of standard and custom solution paths for industrial applications of light. He has a broad knowledge of imaging, laser based and defense applications. Randall holds a Master of Applied Physics from Temple University in Philadelphia, PA, and a Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics/Computer Hardware from Grove City College, in Grove City, PA.
My Biggest Accomplishment
One of my most recent accomplishments includes providing design support for the UVP ibox featured in Case Study: Bio-Imaging, UVP, LLC (PDF 278KB)
- 09/2007 – "Responsivity optimization and stabilization in electro-optic field sensors" by Randall Hinton, A. Garzarella, S. B. Qadri, Dong Ho Wu – Optics
- 04/2007 – "Dielectrically induced sensitivity enhancements in electro-optic field sensors" by Randall Hinton, A. Garzarella, S. B. Qadri, T. J. Wieting, Dong Ho Wu – Optics Letters
Videos Featured In
- Powered by EO: TM4 from EyeTech Digital Systems
- Multi-Axis Stage Configurations: Part I: X-Y Setup
- Multi-Axis Stage Configurations: Part II: X-Y-Z Setup
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Laser Safety Officer