I analyse large amounts of data from a wide variety of sources to better understand and improve the customer experience. Optics is an enabling technology in so many industries and Edmund Optics has an extensive catalogue of products, consequently EO has an extremely broad range of customers facing lots of different challenges. It is my job to uncover new ways to meet and exceed their expectations.
Daniel has a Masters degree in Astrophysics from the University of Edinburgh and a second in Computer Science & Data Analytics from the University of York. He began his career with EO in 2013 as a Spanish-speaking sales and applications engineer before joining the EU marketing team in 2016 as a product marketing manager. He joined the Marketplace business line as Customer Intelligence Lead in January 2021 and is passionate about using analytics and machine learning to turn data into actionable insight.
My Biggest Accomplishment
I designed and built a laser optics product demonstration for one of our largest tradeshows. Seeing my concept move from the lab bench to the tradeshow floor and seeing the positive reactions from customers was hugely rewarding.
- 05/2020 – “Cut Above for Coronavirus Testing” by Daniel Adams – Electro Optics
- 09/2019 – “A Mounting Problem:How to get the best performance from the new APS-C sensors” by Daniel Adams – Imaging & Machine Vision Europe
- 07/2019 – “Optics in the fast lane” by Daniel Adams – Electro Optics
- 03/2019 – “Ultrafast Mirrors: The importance of high reflectance and dispersion control in ultrafast optics” by Daniel Adams and Tony Karam – PhotonicsViews
- 04/2018 – “Understanding Aspheric Lenses” by Daniel Adams and Shelby Ament – Optik&Photonik
- 02/2018 – “Balancing Cost and Specifications” by Daniel Adams – Optik&Photonik
- 01/2018 – “Cylinder Lenses for Beam Shaping” by Daniel Adams – Laser Technik Journal
- 12/2017 – “Viewpoint: The Future Depends on Optics” by Daniel Adams – Electro Optics
- 09/2017 – “The Importance of Ruggedization for Imaging Lenses” by Daniel Adams – Assemblaggio & Meccatronica
- 05/2017 – “How To Maximize the Performance of an Imaging System” by Daniel Adams – Assemblaggio & Meccatronica
- 10/2016 – “Quality Matters” by Daniel Adams – Electro Optics
or view regional numbers
enter stock numbers to begin
Copyright 2020, Edmund Optics Inc., 101 East Gloucester Pike, Barrington, NJ 08007-1380 USA
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act