As a Technical Marketing Engineer I help share our technical expertise with customers. I enjoy that this role allows me to be involved in every marketing campaign and act as the technical voice of the marketing department. Before this position I was a Product Support Engineer, so I have experience guiding customers through their issues and helping them select the right product for their application. This knowledge of how customers use our products is invaluable in my current position in technical marketing.
Cory Boone is the Lead Technical Marketing Engineer at Edmund Optics’ Barrington, NJ, USA office. He is responsible for managing the creation of technical content including application notes, published articles, web copy, email campaigns, video scripts, trade show materials, case studies, and other marketing literature. He also helps plan EO’s technical content strategy and acts as the technical voice of the marketing department. Cory previously held positions as a Project Management Intern and a Product Support Engineer. He received a B.S. in Optical Sciences and Engineering along with minors in Math and Material Science Engineering from the University of Arizona.
My Biggest Accomplishment
I was very involved in our Ruggedized Lens Campaign around the TECHSPEC® Cr Series Lenses, helping create a whitepaper, webpage, automated email campaign, published article, and other marketing literature to support the campaign. It has been one of our most successful marketing campaigns to date and I’m very proud of my involvement in it.
- 11/2020 – "Shaping ultrafast laser beams for glass processing" by Cory Boone and Pu Jian - Industrial Laser Solutions for Manufacturing
- 05/2020 – "Properly Designing and Specifying Aspheric Lenses" by Cory Boone - Tech Briefs
- 04/2020 – "Nano-Structured Anti-Reflective Surfaces for Materials Processing" by Becca Silver and Cory Boone - Novus Light Technologies
- 10/2019 – "Spatial Frequencies and Aspheric Lens Performance" by Pim Messelink and Cory Boone - Novus Light Technologies
- 09/2019 - "Optical Coatings Technology" by Chris Cook and Cory Boone - Tech Briefs
- 09/2019 - "Understanding unique machine vision illumination methods" by Jeremy Govier and Cory Boone - Vision Systems Design
- 04/2019 - "Spectroscopy and Optics: Laser mirrors: High reflectance is measured best with cavity ring-down spectroscopy" by Ian Stevenson and Cory Boone - Laser Focus World
- 11/2018 – "Aspheres: Still Adding Value" by Oleg Leonov and Cory Boone - Optics & Photonics News
- 07/2018 – "The art and science of designing optics for laser-induced damage threshold" by Nathan Carlie and Cory Boone - Laser Focus World
- 05/2018 – "Essential Principles for Designing and Specifying Laser Optics" by Stefaan Vandendriessche and Cory Boone - Photonics & Imaging Technology
- 03/2018 – "Portable Microscopy/Optics Innovations: High-performance, low-profile microscopy" by Stephan Briggs and Cory Boone - BioOptics World
- 09/2017 – "Optics 101: Theoretical Foundations" by Cory Boone - Quality Vision & Sensors (page 14VS)
- 07/2017 – "Lens sees clearly even through shock and vibration" by Jessica Gehlhar and Cory Boone - Design World
- 05/2017 – "Molded Optics: Precision glass molding boosts gamut of optics" Cory Boone, interviewed by John Wallace - Laser Focus World