Senior Systems Administrator
Position: Senior Systems Administrator
Department: Information Systems
Reports To: Manager, Information Systems Technical Support
Manage the core server and phone systems within the company with other personnel. Identify problems, troubleshoot, and provide advice to assist users. Coordinate with other IS and IT areas globally to resolve problems. Implement and manage new technologies as needed. Maintain high reliability with all systems. Show strong teamwork abilities.
- Support the inter-office Mitel phone systems
- Maintain core Microsoft Windows systems including Active Directory, Exchange, Skype, Hyper-V, Anti-Virus, Windows Updates, and future systems as needed by the company to function
- Oversee the internal and external security of the company’s network
- Answer help desk phone calls and assign as needed
- Assist with maintaining inventory of computer equipment
- Maintain software licenses
- Maintain conferencing equipment
- Installation of hardware and software when needed for both clients and servers
- Maintain and develop additional projects as needed
- Maintain logs and paperwork procedures
- Support networking issues
- Maintain backup procedures
- Be available to report to job on weekends or after hours if necessary
- Acts as IT liaison with other EO divisions as necessary
- Work with the IS/IT team and upper management to set IT security protocols on a global level
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Hyper-V and Failover Cluster systems
- Knowledge of other Microsoft services including Exchange, Active Directory, Skype, Teams, WSUS, SCCM, etc.
- Knowledge of VOIP, SIP, and on-premise PBXs
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work overtime as needed and be available on call at predetermined times
- Ability to learn new technologies as needed to continue performing said responsibilities
- Good teaching, problem solving, communication, and team working skills
College degree and 5 years experience in a related field.
Ability to lift up to 15 pounds and operate equipment; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to travel; work in an office setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.