Senior Director of the Catalog Business Unit
Position: Sr. Director of the Catalog Business Unit
Reports To: EVP of Sales & Marketing
Responsible for developing, communicating, and executing the low volume (catalog) business strategy. Serve as the hands-on leader, overseeing the front-end functions of the catalog business unit, including global catalog marketing, order entry, product technical support, and product management teams. Oversee the business analytics necessary to accomplish a personalized marketing and broad product strategy. Contribute to the building of an efficient global product distribution model. Interface with executive management, functional leads, and experts around the world to ensure the success of the catalog business unit.
- Deliver a business plan for the low volume (catalog) product business unit
- Responsible for the income statement of the Catalog Business Unit, including meeting revenue goals, gross margin goals, and expense budgets
- Oversee the marketing resources necessary to implement a business plan, including catalog production, digital marketing (website, SEO, SEM, e-mail, text), customer touch strategy, and online and offline personalization strategies
- Oversee the analytics resources necessary to implement a business plan, including customer and competitor information
- Oversee the product management team necessary for the continued growth of the products under the Catalog Business Unit
- Build relationships with partners (suppliers, distributors, and other partners) to implement a business plan
- Liaise with other Business Unit leads (Imaging, High Volume, etc) and functional leads (Operations, IS, Finance, Human Resources, etc.) to ensure the success of the company as a whole
- Liaise with the technical leaders of the organization, including R&D and Manufacturing, to ensure the migration of new product opportunities from the Catalog Business Unit to the High Volume Business Unit
- Manage KPIs to ensure the success of the Catalog Business Unit
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communications skills
- Collaborative team-based management style
- Comfortable in multi-cultural/global environment
- Comfortable in a matrix-managed organization
- Strong customer focus
- In-depth analytics knowledge
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills; PC literacy in Excel, Word, Access and SQL
- Optics and optical industry knowledge
- EO product knowledge and awareness a plus
College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced sales experience.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to travel.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.