Sales and Applications Engineer
Position: Sales and Applications Engineer
Department: Product Support
Reports To: Product Support Manager
Edmund Optics (EO) is a leading producer of optics, imaging, and photonics technology. Supporting the R&D, electronics, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, biomedical, and military markets around the globe; EO products are used in a variety of applications ranging from DNA sequencing to retinal eye scanning to high-speed factory automation. EO's state of the art manufacturing capabilities combined with its global distribution network has earned it the position of the world's largest supplier of off-the-shelf optical components. Edmund Optics Ltd is the UK subsidiary of the USA parent, and is responsible for sales and distribution of products in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The role involves providing telephone, fax, e-mail and website chat support to our our German/French/Russian/Italian/Spanish and English-speaking customers. This support includes responding to technical queries, providing technical information, assisting customers with product selection as well as issuing quotations and providing information on existing orders.
- Responding to technical queries
- Provide technical information
- Assist customers with product selection
- Handle incoming customer inquiries for modified or custom optics, with the use of the EO RFQ tool and CRM
- Participate in projects to support Marketing & Sales
- Opportunity to write technical articles for publication on the EO website as well as magazine partners
- Comply with all national and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Speaker of one (or more) of the following languages: German, French, Russian, Italian, Spanish as well as English
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Proficient in Active Listening
- Must use Critical Thinking/Deductive reasoning
- Ability to service customers with catalog products
- Ability to provide technical support for EO products
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Analyzing Data or Information
- University degree or equivalent in a Science or Engineering subject
- The candidate must be fluent/native level in English and one (or more) of the following languages: German, French, Russian, Italian, Spanish
Ability to lift up to 15 kilograms and operate equipment; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to travel; work in an office setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.