Regional Sales Manager (Boston, MA)
Position: Regional Sales Manager
Department: Outside Sales
Reports To: Director of Sales – Americas
Proactively sells the organization's products & services by interacting with established customers & developing new prospects. Applies a broad knowledge of the organization's services, products and marketing techniques to close sales and capture market share.
- Intimately familiar with and effective at employing Strategic Selling processes
- Visits existing and potential customers to address customer needs, identify requirements & key contacts, deliver sales presentations and develop business relationships
- Develops customer relationships with key decision makers in engineering and purchasing
- Sets and meets annual sales targets for key accounts
- The ability and desire to discuss Optical Systems technology, parameters, specifications, and tolerances
- Manages tasks and activities to ensure activity and sales goals are met
- Identifies and explores leads from various sources via phone and in person
- Continuously follows up on leads and customer contacts to develop projects in order to close sales and capture market share
- Interacts and co-ordinates activities with EO inside sales team and engineering resources
- Contributes and distributes market and industry data with EO internal teams
- Participates in regularly scheduled sales meetings
- Prepares reports, forecasts and coordination activities as required
- Occasional trade show participation and attendance
- Complies with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Optics or Physics or equivalent with an emphasis in Photonics
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Project and their use to deliver effective internal and external presentations, ideas, and or rationale
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in direct sales, customer development and internal project management
- Consultative selling; ability to ask strategic questions that uncover areas of need
- Mastery of unique selling procedures
- Existing relationships with key individuals
- Background in, and familiarity with, optical engineering and optics manufacturing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Detail oriented
- Responsive to deadlines and performs under pressure
- Demonstrates sound business sense and judgment
- Works well independently and as part of a team; ability to maintain strong relationships
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts used in technical business-to-business sales
Bachelor’s Degree; minimum of seven (7) years related prior sales/work experience.
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to travel; home office work setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.