Quality Assurance Supervisor
Position: EOB Quality Assurance Supervisor
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Production Manager
The EOB Quality Assurance Supervisor is knowledgeable in all aspects of the QA process and workings. This person will also be responsible for coordination of work internal to Edmund Optics Barrington QA.
- Oversee daily operation of QA and its function within Edmund Optics
- Oversee the performance of the QA personnel and report findings to the Production manager
- Coordinate and conducts training of all new hires in QA
- Coordination of product in QA in accordance to backorder lists and internal requests
- Schedule and prioritize work entering the lab based on current work load
- Monitor/report on status of Work-in-Process
- Oversee the coordination of the calibration schedule
- Perform all necessary duties for product that requires batch management
- Ability to perform fundamental inspections as needed, including:
- Surface or dimensional inspections of any component
- Basic understanding of all of the testing equipment used in the QA Lab
- Create, read, and understand reports in the SAP system
- Timeliness and regular attendance are required
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand optical & mechanical drawings
- Optical Handling Certification (within a reasonable time from start date)
- Thorough understanding of the seriousness of accurate, honest, Quality Records
- Work overtime as required
- Detail oriented
- Above average organizational skills
Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience; minimum of four (4) years related prior work experience.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; work in warehouse environment.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.