Position: QA Inspector
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Quality Engineer
An inspector is expected to be able to inspect all incoming product, utilizing the tools/equipment in the QA lab. Through specific job training, the inspector shall perform their job within authorized EO inspection procedures, and under the direct guidance of the Quality Engineer.
- Perform fundamental inspections, including:
- Perform dimensional inspection of glass and metal products
- Inspections that require use of spectrophotometer, Spherometer, etc.
- Read and understand optical & mechanical drawings
- Document inspection data accurately on required forms
- Engage in continuous improvement projects
- Timeliness and regular attendance are required
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand optical & mechanical drawings
- Familiar with the use of Calipers, Micrometers, Drop Indicators and good measurement practices
- Familiar with use of Microsoft Suite products
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Work overtime as required
- Thorough understanding of the seriousness of accurate, honest, Quality Records
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- 6S, Lean and/or Continuous Improvement Experience
High school diploma, Associate’s Degree Preferred
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; work performed in warehouse environment.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.