Opto-Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Opto-Mechanical Design Engineer
Department: Engineering EOB
Reports To: Engineering Manager – EOB
Design position incorporating Opto-mechanical design.
- Execute designs for product development and external customers with assistance of design team
- Design evaluation and tolerance for product development and external customers
- Presentation of results of designs and analysis of performance
- Participate in Design Reviews
- Check designs of other engineers
- Attend training
- Support document control
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of optical principles and Opto-mechanical design
- Understanding of basic optical principals and basic mechanical principals
- Familiarity of lab techniques
- Familiarity in Optical design software and CAD software
- Knowledge of company products and applications
- Understanding of document control
- Great communication, organization, and math skills
- Motivated and self-starter
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in physics, optical sciences, or equivalent experience; five (5) or more years experience in the optical industry.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to travel; work in office setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.