OEM Sales Representative - Level 2
Position: OEM Sales Representative - Level 2
Department: OEM Sales
Reports To: OEM Sales Manager
Highly competent and skilled; can work unsupervised and provide superior customer service to assigned Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) within an assigned territory. Ability to maintain strong relationships is inherent with this level of account while discerning the involvement, if necessary, of Outside Sales Staff or Inside Sales Management for any major and/or new opportunities.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously. Technical aptitude with basic mathematics and science understanding. Detail oriented. Responsive to deadlines and performs under pressure. Demonstrates sound business sense and judgment. Works well independently and as part of a team.
Performs a variety of tasks including pro-active preparation, delivery, and follow-up on quotations, sales order processing, preparation of customer documents and other correspondence. As well as, general fulfillment of customer needs to ensure overall satisfaction. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts used in technical business-to-business sales. Relies on critical thinking, negotiation skills, and established guidelines to perform job functions.
- Provides superior service to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customer accounts requiring a high level of account management. Develops and maintains strong business relationships with OEM customer accounts.
- Recognizes customer account opportunities and communicates with Sales Teams (inside and outside). Involves Solutions Engineers for technical issues and Outside Sales Reps when significant new opportunities are identified.
- Generates and delivers formal price and delivery quotations, using critical thinking skills and industry knowledge. Applies volume-based discounting on standard (catalog) products, by pricing to market and adhering to margin guidelines. Follows up on quotations in a timely manner to close quotes and maximize sales success.
- Engages in customer negotiations including price, delivery and payment terms.
- Processes and Manages Standard and Custom Orders in SAP. Pro-actively manages deliveries to ensure superior service.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills to resolve complicated delivery and accounting issues.
- Accurately records new contacts and updates existing contact information in SAP and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Records and Updates customer opportunities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Works with Outside Sales Rep to develop Account Strategy Plans with defined Goals, Objectives and Activities.
- Works with marketing to initiate and develop targeted marketing activities for OEM customer accounts.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Basic optics and optics industry knowledge preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced phone, customer service, interpersonal and sales skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree or equivalent experience; minimum of one (1) year experience in technical or business-to-business sales environment.
Ability to lift up to 15 pounds and operate office equipment such as a copier; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit at desk or PC for long periods of time; work in office setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.