Global Business Analyst
Position: Global Business Analyst
Department: Supply Chain – Production Planning
Reports To: Manager of Global Production Planning
Ensures ERP Systems master data supports planning and manufacturing functions. Creates data reports on production and manufacturing loading with ability to analyze and recommend needed actions based upon KPIs. Primary coordinator of all factory expedited orders, prioritization by site, and communication to sales. Functions as back up on critical functions, including Assembly Production Planning.
- Review manufacturing loading and output data and draw conclusions, create charts and recommendations for the EO management team weekly
- Track factory lead-times and maintain/update the correct data fields in the SAP Material Master (MM)
- Monitor manufacturing data and determine sources of critical OTD, past due, production order loading data and compile reports
- Establish settings on SAP MM field and understand impacts on global Edmund Optics operations
- Create and update ISO procedures relating to MM data and production planning
- Ability to look for an corrects data errors independently
- Looks for new areas of automation to streamline current processes
- Monitor sales forecast information for accuracy and integrity
- Estimate future manufacturing bottlenecks and critical processes based upon data analysis
- Monitor data flow between EO factories to ensure accuracy of forecast loads
- Expedite product with our factories, setting plant priorities and updating appropriate purchase orders
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel including PowerPivot, Access, PowerPoint)
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Knowledge of SAP ECC preferred
- Ability to discuss ideas and negotiate with other team members
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High intellectual curiosity and a proactive self-starter
- Able to translate analyses into actionable recommendations
- Quick learner – able to learn organization, new analytical approaches and tools
- Able to document and communicate results of work in both written and verbal form
- Travel as necessary to efficiently carry out role
- Other requirements as deemed necessary by management
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in business, math, supply chain or scientific discipline; 3 to 7 years experience in manufacturing or large distribution company and experience with ERP/MRP systems (SAP preferred).
Ability to operate office equipment such as a copier; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; work in office setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.