Manager Optics EMEA (f/m/d)
Edmund Optics® (EO) is a leading manufacturer of optics, imaging, and photonics components supporting numerous markets around the globe, including advanced diagnostics, semiconductor & electronics, machine vision, automation, R&D, and safety & security.
Edmund Optics Europe, a US owned-group consisting of Edmund Optics Germany and Edmund Optics UK, is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution, manufacturing, engineering and application support for a wide product range throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Europe is one of the main growth markets for Edmund Optics globally, leading to a rapidly expanding and developing local team.
To support our efforts within the European Market, Edmund Optics in Mainz is looking for a
Manager Optics EMEA (f/m/d)
This highly competent and skilled position is responsible for technical sales support at Edmund Optics Europe and manages the Solutions Engineers. Responsibilities include related internal technical sales processes, internal communication and supporting regional growth and expansion. Independent work and operating with appropriate sense of customer urgency are critical elements of the position. Regular travel for trade shows, customer visits, conferences and international EO locations is expected.
- Manage the Solution Engineer team with the objective of delivering customized solutions, customer satisfaction, revenue growth, and profitability
- Support to develop significant sales opportunities and communicates with regional Sales Teams
- Involve Solutions Engineers for technical issues and outside sales reps when significant new opportunities are identified
- Coordinate technical feasibility of custom projects, reviewing and assessing by the SE
- Conduct technical contract reviews
- Work closely with Edmund Optics global manufacturing sites to stay current with manufacturing and test capabilities, available capacity by product
- Review factory quotes for technical consistency and cost plausibility
- Build and develop an effective team and foster team spirit and collaboration
- Coach and mentor SEs, set up development plans
- Create and holds technical and product trainings for employees
- Review and optimize selected technical sales processes and associated documentation
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ph.D., Diploma or Master’s degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, or hard science
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in technical and/or business-to-business sales
- Expert in optics/photonics
- Optics industry experience is preferred
- Fluent in English (negotiation level), additional language skills preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Willingness to travel internationally
What we offer:
A versatile and challenging position alongside a highly competitive employment package within our dynamic and successful corporation in a growing and future-proof industry. You will have the opportunity to work with highly motivated, self-driven and open-minded colleagues with a great team spirit, and can expect a high level of responsibility and strong impact in an entrepreneurial environment.
Edmund Optics provides a range of employee benefits alongside the salary package including:
- Company pension scheme
- Group accident insurance
- Mobile working opportunity
- Extensive training and development offer
- Subsidized gym membership
- Company events
- ...and a lot more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or identity and disability.
If you are interested, please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org