Edmund Optics is seeking two Distribution Specialists. These people should be able to assist in achieving company goals of on time and line fill by completing shipment preparation of finished goods orders for domestic and international customers, as well as packing fragile materials (e.g. lenses, mirrors). They will work from a shipping schedule, job orders, est. procedures and direct supervision.
Receiving Distribution Specialist
- Receive inbound vendor/customer returns & process return to vendors as required
- Put away & label packed, received, and assembled items into inventory as required
- Pull & Put away parts for job orders as required
- Pick & Pack using scanners to process orders
- Receive/Unload all incoming shipments from vendors and receive into system
- Process International shipments and documents as required
- Run reports for carriers and close out manifests as required
- Operate forklift, hand truck, power jack etc. as needed
- Operate package seal and fill station
- Timeliness and regular attendance are required
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Able to count and verify merchandise
- Ability to learn SAP – will be required to run certain reports
- General reading and writing skills
- Able to stack and load fragile products
- Follow all safety rules and procedures
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
High School or equivalent, college preferred; one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in a warehouse environment.
Adequate manual dexterity to perform essential functions; ability to use some physical efforts in the handling of heavy materials, boxes or equipment (most tasks require no more than 50 lbs. lifting); position requires about 70% standing; ability to work in warehouse environment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. EOE. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. Must be eligible to work in this country. No phone calls please.
About the Company
Edmund Optics has been a leading supplier of optics and optical components to the industry since 1942, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Although we are well known as a catalog-based distributor of industrial optics and related products, we offer much more - including a number of engineering and manufacturing services - to our customers. A worldwide presence in industrial optics, we have offices in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore, as well as sales representation in Israel, Italy and Switzerland.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Relocation support available for qualified candidates.