Design Engineer - Laser Systems
Position: Design Engineer-Laser Systems
Department: Engineering EOB
Reports To: Engineering Manager – EOB
A design position, which incorporates optical design and optical tolerancing for laser assemblies.
- Execute Optical designs for product development and external customers
- Provide support to customers needing assistance developing systems
- Design evaluation and tolerance for product development and external customers
- Development of design and analysis tools and procedures
- Help in development of other design engineers
- Presentation of design results and analysis of performance
- Participate in Design Reviews
- Check designs of other engineers
- Support internal technical training efforts
- Attend training
- Support document control
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience designing laser assemblies including beam expanders and F-Theta lenses
- Familiar with the operation of the above laser systems and components
- Proficiency in optical principles and optical design
- Understanding of basic optical principals and basic mechanical principals
- Understanding of lab techniques
- Proficiency in Optical design software and/or cad software
- Knowledge of company products and applications
- Understanding of document control
- Great communication, organization, and math skills
- Motivated and self-starter
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in optical sciences, physics or equivalent experience; five (5) or more years’ experience in the laser industry.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to travel; work in office setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.