Position: Assembly Technician
Reports To: Production Manager
An EOB Assembly Technician must utilize work instructions, blue prints, and spec sheets to assemble and package opto-mechanical products for stock and shipment under the direction of the group leader.
- Perform assembly operations on opto-mechanical parts
- Package assemblies and subassemblies
- Complete repairs and process returns
- Perform visual inspections for obvious damage or defects
- Perform light housekeeping to keep work area clean and neat
- Understand work instructions, work orders, routers and receiver paperwork
- Timeliness and regular attendance are required
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Optics Handling Certification (within a reasonable time of start date)
- Read and understand assembly drawings, blue prints, work orders and work instructions
- Develop and understand opto-mechanical assembly techniques
- Basic mechanical skills
High school diploma or equivalent; minimum of two (2) years related prior work experience.
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds; occasional bending and lifting; ability to stand for long periods of time; work in warehouse environment; may be required to use a ladder to organize or obtain supplies; may be required to use shop and power tools to modify parts or equipment.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.