We are thrilled to announce our 2015 Educational Award finalists! This award recognizes outstanding undergraduate and graduate optics programs in science, technology, engineering and mathematics at non-profit colleges and universities. Thank you for inspiring optical innovation and good luck! Be sure to check back on October 14th for winner announcement.
CONGRATULATIONS EDUCATIONAL AWARD FINALISTS!
- Duke University, USA – Xiaofeng (Steve) Zhang
- Johns Hopkins University, USA – Andrew Li
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA – Dr. Bevin Lin
- Oklahoma State University, USA – Daqing Piao
- Rutgers University, USA – Ashley Pennington
- Schepens Eye Research Institute, USA – Michael Stahl
- Temple University, USA – Vira Oleksyuk
- Tennessee Technological University,USA – Micah Eller
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico – Dr. Miguel Banuelos Saucedo
- University of Alberta, Canada – Hillary Sweet
- University of Miami, USA – Dr. Nelson Salas
- University of Rochester, USA – Dr. Jie Zhang
- University of Washington, USA – Jarred Swalwell
- University Santa Maria, Chile – Moulay Akhloufi
- UT Southwestern Medical Center, USA – Dr. Kevin Dean
1st Place – iPad®Justin Nussbaum from University of South Florida
2nd Place – iPad® MiniMatthew Anderson from Georgia State University
3rd Place – FitbitTongfeng Zhang from University of Toronto
2015 Norman Edmund Inspiration Award
Awarded on November 11th, 2015
Norman Edmund Inspiration Award: An additional $5,000 USD in products awarded to the program that best embodies the legacy of Edmund Optics’ founder Norman Edmund.